Fact: College Smart® Students are armed with the strategies, skills, and awareness to succeed.
They understand why procrastination and disorganization are deadly. They use their College Smart® Study Strategies to keep up and still have fun.
- They are well aware of the much-faster pace of college. They know how to study efficiently to handle the load
- They recognize how much needs to be learned — and why cramming won’t work.
- They “get” that learning processes must mature each year as courses become more complex. They know that learning is like practicing a sport.
- They realize that the days of simple multiple-choice, true-false, or simple matching tests are the things of the past. They need to express themselves in far more complex ways to succeed.
- They understand how skills they use in college will become important assets in the workplace. They see how these sough-after skills transfer to the workplace..
College Smart® students become self-taught learners
who know how to go about handling responsibility
and working independently to meet deadlines —
just like in the workplace.
The College Smart® Strategies give students the know-how.
1 out of 3 freshmen frequently report feeling
“overwhelmed by all I had to do.” Yet they don’t “make time” for work.
– “The American Freshman: National Norms for Fall 2012,
COOPERATIVE INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH PROGRAM at the HIGHER EDUCATION RESEARCH INSTITUTE AT UCLA.”